|Web Intelligence (WI) has been recognized as a new direction for scientific research and development to explore the fundamental roles as well as practical impacts of Artificial Intelligence (AI) (e.g., knowledge representation, planning, knowledge discovery and data mining, intelligent agents, and social network intelligence) and advanced Information Technology (IT) (e.g., wireless networks, ubiquitous devices, social networks, wisdom Web, and data/knowledge
grids) on the next generation of Web-empowered products, systems, services, and activities. It is one of the most important as well as promising IT research fields in the era of Web and agent intelligence.
The Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC) (http://wi-consortium.org/)
is an international, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing world-wide
scientific research and industrial development in the field of Web Intelligence
(WI). It promotes collaborations among world-wide WI research centers and
organizational members, technology showcases at WI related conferences and
workshops, WIC official book and journal publications, WIC newsletters, and WIC
official releases of new industrial solutions and standards.
The major activities of WIC include:
Organizing international and regional Web and agent intelligence
- [Upcoming Conference] The 2019 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI' 19 ), October 14-17, 2019, Thessaloniki, Greece (For more information please click here).
- [Upcoming Conference] The 12th International Conference on Brain Informatics, December 13-15, 2019, Haikou, Hainan, China.
- The 11th International Conference on Brain Informatics (BI' 18 ), December 7-9, 2018, Arlington, Texas, USA.
- The 2018 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI' 18 ), December 3-6, 2018, Santiago, Chile.
Publishing Web and agent intelligence
related journal and special issues of journals, books, and newsletter.
- Web Intelligence and Agent Systems: An International Journal (IOS Press) is an official journal of the Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC).
- Annual Review of Intelligent Informatics (World Scientific) is an official publication series of the Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC).
- Several special issues on WI-IAT have been published, or will be published, in international journals, including IEEE Computer, Computational Intelligence (Blackwell), International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (World Scientific), Journal of Intelligent Information Systems (Kluwer), Cognitive Systems Research journal (Elsevier), and Knowledge Based Systems (Elsevier).
- Several WI-IAT related books have been published, or will be published, by Springer, World Scientific, and IOS Press.
Promoting Web and agent intelligence related standards, platforms, systems and tools.
- LarKC (The Large Knowledge Collider) is a platform for massive distributed incomplete reasoning that will remove the scalability barriers of currently existing reasoning systems for the Semantic Web.
* Systems and Tools
- LinTY (Link Your Twitter and Yahoo!) is a personalized Web search engine that is built on top of Yahoo! search and provides personalized search results with "real-time interests from a specific user's Twitter" as a context.
- DBLP-SSE (DBLP Search Support Engine) is a search support engine that provides various supporting functionalities to help users get better search results based on DBLP.
Establishing and supporting world-wide WIC
Research Centers and WI-IAT related companies.
Call For New WIC Centers:
In order to celeberate the 10 years anniversary of the field Web Intelligence, WIC is planning to renew and establish new research centers in the year 2012-2013. Please contact Professor Ning Zhong and Yang Yang for creating a new WIC research center in your institutions, univiersities or companies. An application form that indicates concrete plans is needed [download the application form].
- WIC research centers and their research advances will be promoted on the official website of WIC and WIC e-newsletter (Trends in Web Intelligence).
- The WIC office will offer a free subscription of the 10th
volume (4 issues, 2012) of the Web Intelligence and Agent Systems
journal for each WIC center.
- WIC will offer free or discount registration fee for the representative of the WIC research centers for
attending the IEEE/WIC/ACM organized conferences/workshops.
- WIC research centers will be selected and invited to give WIC feature talk on IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology.
- Exchange program will be established to create a bridge for different WIC research centers.
- Joint research program on Web Intelligence.
- The potential WIC research centers world wide are responsible for creating a Web Intelligence Lab in their universities, institutions, or companies.
- The directors of different WIC research centers need to give an anual report of their WIC centers on WIC centers working workshop from the perspectives of members, involved projects, research results and agenda for the future research in their centers. The workshop is co-located with IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology every year.
- WIC research centers need to report their research results and share their thougts on Web Intelligence with other centers in the form of Blog entry, twitter, and monthly report.
Current WIC research centers world wide include:
Copyright © 2001-2013 WIC, All Rights