The 15th International Conference on Brain Informatics (BI 2022)
—Brain Science meets Artificial Intelligence
July 15-17, 2022, Padova-Italy & Brisbane-Australia
* BI'22 Program at a Glance [Preliminary] *
* BI'22 Presentation Template *
* BI'22 Background Image*
Paper & Attendee Registration
Visa Application: Visa Information
Venue & Accomodation: Venue Information
Local Information: About Padova
Keynote Speech: Confirmed Keynote Speakers
Panel Discussion: Panel Information
Workshops and Special Sessions: Accepted Events
About the Conference
The International Conference on Brain Informatics (BI) series has established itself as the world’s premier research conference on Brain Informatics, which is an emerging interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research field that combines the efforts of Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to explore the main problems that lie in the interplay between human brain studies and informatics research.
The 15th International Conference on Brain Informatics (BI'22) provides a premier international forum to bring together researchers and practitioners from diverse fields for presentation of original research results, as well as exchange and dissemination of innovative and practical development experiences on brain Informatics research, brain-inspired technologies and brain/mental health applications.
800 yearsUniversity of Padua
The University of Padua is a premier Italian University, and it is the second oldest university in Italy and one of the earliest universities in the world. Founded in 1222, it hosted Galileo Galilei as a lecturer between 1592 and 1610.
In 2022, the University of Padua will celebrate its 800 years anniversary from the foundation. For this special scientific birthday, the University is encouraging the organization of important international events.
The organizers would like to take the opportunity to celebrate the University of Padua’s birthday by hosting the 15th International Conference on Brain Informatics for the year 2022 in Padua.
Topics and Areas
The key theme of the conference is "Brain Science meets Artificial Intelligence".
The BI'22 solicits high-quality original research and application papers (both full paper and abstract submissions). Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
Full Professor, Bertarelli Foundation Chair in Translational Neuroengineering
Title: Implantable Neural Interfaces to Restore Sensory, Motor and Autonomic Functions
Paper Submission and Publications
1. Full papers should be limited to (10 to 12 pages) for the regular papers and (6 to 9 pages) for the short papers including figures and references in Springer LNCS Proceedings format (https://www.springer.com/us/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines). 2. All papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted based on originality, significance of contribution, technical merit, and presentation quality. 3. All papers accepted (and all workshop & special sessions' full-length papers) will be published by Springer as a volume of the Springer-Nature LNAI Brain Informatics Book Series (https://link.springer.com/conference/brain).
Research abstracts are encouraged and will be accepted for presentations in an oral presentation format and/or poster presentation format. Each abstract submission should include the title of the paper and an abstract body within 500 words. The abstract will not be included in the conference proceedings to be published by Springer.
High-quality BI conference papers will be nominated for a fast-track review and publication at the Brain Informatics Journal, (https://braininformatics.springeropen.com/) an international, peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary Open Access journal published by Springer Nature. Discount or no open access article-processing fee will be charged for BI conference paper authors.
Workshop/special session organizers and BI conference session chairs may consider and can be invited to prepare a book proposal of special topics for possible book publication in the Springer-Nature Brain Informatics & Health Book Series (https://www.springer.com/series/15148), or a special issue at the Brain Informatics Journal.
1. Accepted full papers will be selected to publish in the Brain
Informatics Journal upon revision.
2. Discount or no article-processing fee will be charged for
authors of Brain Informatics conference (https://braininformatics.springeropen.com/).
3. The organizers of Workshops and Special-Sessions are invited to prepare a book proposal based on the topics of the workshop/special session for possible book publication in the Springer-Nature Brain Informatics and Health book series (http://www.springer.com/series/15148).